AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES
- Shamrock Animal Hospital is equipped to deal with minor and major emergencies. Should you arrive at our doorstep with a serious emergency during regular business hours, your pet will be given preference over our other scheduled non-emergency patients.
- It is best to call ahead if at all possible, so we can be prepared for your arrival.
- For after-hour emergencies, please call our main telephone number first! You will be directed to an answering service who will put you in touch with the veterinarian on call.
- We are part of the Comox Valley On-Call-Group. Should you have an after-hour emergency, you may be directed to go to another clinic if our veterinarians are not on call. Therefore, do not drive to our clinic until you have spoken to the veterinarian on call - she or he will direct you which clinic to drive to.
- It is very important to stay off your phone after placing an emergency call, so the veterinarian can reach you!
- Clients of Shamrock Animal Hospital will be able to access 24 hours emergency care in either Comox or Courtenay. They will not be referred to Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Nanaimo without having first the chance to access primary care locally. Many conditions can be dealt with locally and further referral is most often not necessary. Patients requiring intensive care outside regular hours may need to be referred to a facility that has a veterinarian on staff day and night.
- The clinic your pet has been referred to will notify us of your pet's emergency as soon as possible during regular business hours. If feasible, we will re-assume further care if necessary.